2007-05-06

Gregor Schneider cube Hamburg

A family event called me back into my hometown Hamburg over the weekend. The spae between the Galerie der Gegenwart and the Kunsthalle currently hosts Gregor Schneider's "Cube Hamburg, 2007" - a massive black cube that was banned from the biennale in Venice because organizers feared it might provoke islamic extremists responses due to its similarity with the Kaba in Mekka. Although I was told that the artist denied any intentional similarity during the presentation of his work, I consider the resemblance as quite striking. I really liked it.

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous essaywriter.co.uk said...

The design is good, it looks fine and you can see that it's well planned.I will compose an essay regarding this design for my art essay assignment.

1:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home